BIM: 3D FOR ARCHITECTS, ENGINEERS, AND CONSTRUCTORS
SIMPLIFY AND REDUCE DESIGN AND MODELING COSTS
Matterport BIM captures as-built conditions for any space.
By incorporating Matterport’s technology within your building information modeling (BIM) processes, you can:
- Verify buildings conditions
- Manage maintenance and development of renovation plans.
Complex manual measurements are replaced by 3D point clouds or .obj files that can be imported directly into the BIM software.
BIM files allow space acquisitions to be transformed into BIM (.RVT) and CAD (.DWG) files.
Matterport’s platform integrates easily with software such as SketchUp, Revit, AutoCAD, and other BIM software.
ADVANTAGES OF MATTERPORT AND BIM TECHNOLOGY
The digital twin can highlight critical building information with accurate space measurement and equipment.
Discover the benefits of using Matterport BIM files:
- Reduce inquiries and claims from insurance, building consultants, and stakeholders.
- Document on-site conditions for a project.
- Conduct remote inspections: measure spaces even when you are not on-site, reducing site visits.
- Reduce site survey and as-built modeling costs by 80%.
- Optimize equipment installation.
- Label equipment using TAGS for maintenance and training.
- Train employees working in complex settings, hard-to-reach, or potentially hazardous areas.
- Build and collaborate more efficiently.
- Save time. BIM files are generated at a fraction of traditional as-built inspection and documentation costs. You’ll receive BIMs within a few days instead of a few weeks.
HOW TO INCORPORATE MATTERPORT INTO THE BIM PROCESS
- Export your point cloud and easily share or render it with Revit or other BIM tools.
- Generate .obj files (in 3D format), point clouds for as-builts and construction documentation.
- Perform necessary verifications by overlaying the point cloud on the BIM model.
WHY CHOOSE LIVING3D?
We automate the surveying and graphic restitution process to provide the material you need to start your 2D and 3D design and processing activities.
The procedure is the same for creating 3D Models, but the implemented technology is more accurate (0.1 % margin of error).
We process the data to provide you with the required material in a few days.
Discover the advantages of using a virtual tour in real estate
Create a virtual tour with Living3D and open the doors to your construction sites!